Monday, December 5, 2011

Merry Christmas to Me!

  My Christmas came a little early. I have been wanting a china cabinet ever since we moved into our house and today, I finally found one! I headed over to My Favorite Place and found a decent size china cabinet that I like. It took forever because I can't have a huge piece in the space I have and it has to be raised to allow for the floor vent. I am trying to decide whether to have it delivered or if I can't wait (probably will be the case), I will make Pat come with me on Saturday to pick it up. Hooray!! I will finally have a spot for my china (I know my mom will appreciate having it out of her house!) and it will be nice to have something up on the wall in the dining room.
  Now I just have to decide on paint colors!! Any suggestions? I will be replacing the hardware too, so this shall be a very interesting adventure!! Any good tips of how to refinish furniture? Comments would be much appreciated!! I'm thinking of doing a crackle finish on it or I might just paint it a very very pale blue or green. Oh, I can't wait!!!!

  I'm thinking about doing it like this: http://dreamywhites.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-blue-cupboard.html

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for a new china cabinet! Can't wait to see it in your house in its place.

    ReplyDelete