Sunday, August 21, 2011

Nurses Reunite

  As I talked about last Thursday, all of my friends from nursing school came into town. Allison drove in from Nashville and Jenny, Mindy, and Natalie came over from Birmingham (Kelly lives here). Alli got here around 9 and the others followed at 10ish on Friday night. Thankfully, we hung out at Kelly's beautiful house all weekend and the girls only stopped into my messy house Saturday afternoon so Jenny could take a peek.





  We really enjoyed just being able to catch up with each other since we really hadn't been all together in about 3 years. Ridiculous, girls! Let's not make that mistake again!! We got up late on Saturday (*some of them stayed up until 3am*ahem) and ran over to IKEA then to Atlantic Station to do a little shopping. We grabbed some ice cream at the fudge shop and then headed over to Ballard's. (How did I completely miss that Ballard's has a showroom thingie in Atlanta??) I found some fleur-de-lis glasses that I would love to add to my collection if I only had more room in my kitchen! I'm now trying to sell my sister on them.
  By the time we had finished our shopping, we went back to Kelly's and tried to decide on a restaurant for dinner. Verde, it was! We didn't have to wait terribly long and were able to get a few pictures taken while we did wait for a table. For as long as I have eaten at Verde, I've never tried the grilled veggie taco and I must say, you should definitely try it! It was very good! After stuffing ourselves, we went back to Kelly's where we sat around, talked, and then played Pass the Pigs and Mad Gab. We also enjoyed diving into Kelly's fantastic homemade peanut butter and chocolate cake with glasses of milk. Yum!


  Sunday morning came all too quickly and we met at The Flying Biscuit for brunch. Sadly, all the girls had to leave after that, but it was a wonderful relaxing weekend. It was so nice to catch up with all my girls and see where everyone is three years out from nursing school. We have begun planning a trip to Nashville in the spring and I already cannot wait!!


  I can't wait until next year! (Of course, it will be even more lovely if we get to see each other before then too, but at least we have some sort of date planned already! Nashville or bust!)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I've heard of the Flying Biscuit before :)

    Hey, I hope you submit some photos of Wrigley for my calendar contest this week! They're due on Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good!! You should go if u get a chance!!
    I know! I meant to send one in for te last calendar but didn't really have any good ones. I'll try to scrounge up some by Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog! Loved every minute of us all catching up! I wouldn't have made it through nursing school without each and every one of you! Can't wait for our Nashvegas trip! xoxo

    ReplyDelete