Sunday, October 16, 2011

Football Night

When Auburn played MSU a few weekends ago, Pat and I invited Kat and Dave over to our house to eat dinner and watch the game. Kathryn is my very best friend, aka my bestest, and we have known each other since the 7th grade. She went to State while I attended Auburn and when we started college, we tried to always go to each other's university for the game. This game always comes down to the very last minute causing craziness and this year was no exception.


After the game, we played a little Hand and Foot to bring on the night while Wrigley slept on his bed.



For our appetizer, I made spinach and artichoke dip with homemade baked bread and it was de-licious!! I kind of forgot to snap a few pictures when the entire plate filled with bread (it looked so nice!) and the full dish of dip. Oh well! We were hungry and devoured the entire thing in about 10 minutes. You definitely need to try these! The bread was freshly baked and it was even more amazing being so soft! I used the bread recipe that makes four loaves, but shaped it into a baguette instead of a round and I think it honestly turned out better.

For dinner, I made some Bourbon chicken over rice from a recipe I found on food.com and it was good, but I made it again for just me and Pat and added some stir fried vegetables in it and it was much more substantial!

Printables:

No comments:

Post a Comment