Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fall Centerpieces

  Thanks to Pinterest, I created these centerpieces for my dining room table. I followed this blog and was delighted to find that my Dollar Store just a few minutes away had all of the supplies I needed! I chose some yellow leaves and meant to grab some red leaves before Thanksgiving, but a big storm blew them all off my Japanese maples and left them soggy before I could grab some up, so yellow it is! http://www.320sycamoreblog.com/2009/11/dollar-store-version-of-ws-glass.html

 













  All you need is a candlestick, hurricane, candle, and glue gun. Peel off all the stickers then glue the hurricane to the candlestick and glue the candle inside the hurricane. Then add your leaves.





 
  The only problem that I had was my glue didn't stick very well on one of my hurricanes, so I had to do it again, but I think it seems to be working now! I might even go back and buy a few more and leave off the candle stick holder to give some varying height on my table. (I think three will be perfect!!)
I will be adding some holly branches and berries for Christmas this weekend when I pull out the Christmas decorations!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words, Emily. Love your DIY hurricanes. I saw that tutorial too...it's on my list of stuff I have to do one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Heather! I am loving your blog! They are incredibly easy! I have begun gathering some supplies for a similar dinner party based off your NYE table! Hopefully it will turn out great just like yours!

    ReplyDelete