Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blog Anniversary

  It's been a year and one day since I started my little blog and though it's been quiet around here recently, I hope to get out of the blogging slump and add some more excitement to it in the next few weeks!
  I tried to start back running last week and I don't know if I didn't stretch enough or what, but I diagnosed myself with Achilles tendonitis and tried to rest my left leg for a bit so I can run the Peachtree on July 4th since Patrick decided to sign me up. (Well, I guess I'm "signed up" but may or may not get selected for a spot, so only time and luck will tell.) I confirmed my diagnosis with my dad and he told me to walk for the next two weeks and rest it. I've been trying to RICE my left leg this week, but yesterday my ankle started really bothering me. I might have to go to my PCP on Monday if things are still feeling weird with it. Pat says it looks swollen and that I probably compensated for my tendonitis and sprained my ankle. Awesome. I can still walk on it, so I'm just taking some Advil and "not doing it again". We shall see how that turns out next week. Good thing I can wear whatever shoes I want to work! Tennis shoes with support, here I come!!
  I've signed up the Wrigster for agility classes starting on Thursday. I'm sure it will be an interesting experience. Supposedly, if he and I are good and train for a year, we might be able to compete. I'm hoping he will be very attentive and responsive, but I'm a little worried since he is always very interested in other dogs at puppy class. I'll keep you updated that for sure.
  On another note, I  would really appreciate it if someone would buy me one of these:

I mean, petite lap giraffes? YES, please!! I'm still trying to figure out if this is a hoax or not. Please let me know what you think. Go here to check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment