Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Recap

  Friday night, we were privileged to host a going away party for our dear friends, Katie and Tyler, at our house. I've known Katie since our freshman year in college and we've basically been in the same town since then until next weekend! I love a good party, but it is definitely bittersweet! Katie and Tyler are moving to Nashville for Tyler's job and they will be sorely missed! So we all got together to eat some burgers (thanks, Kate-they were awesome) and play some games! Oh, how I love a great game night! We always learn so many new things!


  Then, on Saturday morning, Patrick and I got up, dropped Wrigley off for the first time since we've gotten him to be cared for by someone else, and drove up to the mountains in north Georgia to celebrate the marriage of our good friends, Stephen and Erin! Now I will admit that I am very much a beach girl and not a mountain girl, but wow, the views are spectacular! We stayed at the Brasstown Valley Resort and I would highly recommend it! We hope to go back and actually partake in some horseback riding, golf, and spa treats soon! The ceremony was very sweet and we had great seats right with Stephen's family. We drank Arnold Palmer's at the cocktail hour and were driven by golf carts down to the open air pavilion where we enjoyed great amounts of food overlooking the beautiful golf course and listened to music by the  Mr. Potato Head band. Now Pat and I must be an old married couple because we turned in around midnight after the band stopped playing while a good group of the wedding guests joined the bride and groom at the bar of the resort! Whew! I was really glad that the check out time for the resort was at noon, so we could enjoy breakfast in bed at 10:30 the next morning.


  On our way back, we stopped at the outlets and I was pretty impressed by all of the stores they had! We intend to go back and hopefully pick up a rug from the Pottery Barn outlet for our bedroom. We picked up the Wrigster from my aunt's house and he wouldn't let me out of his sight for the rest of the afternoon. Patrick couldn't even take him outside because he wouldn't leave me behind! Silly pup! All in all, we had a fantastic weekend celebrating with our friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment