Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Catching Up and a Recipe

  I've been in a blogging slump recently and the weather down here has been so amazing that I haven't been wanting to be inside at all. A couple of weekends ago, Pat and I went out to eat at Dante's Down the Hatch and what a wonderful meal!! Unfortunately, we didn't realize that you can't get chocolate fondue unless you order it at least two days in advance and only then during the week. However, we got the cheese fondue as the appetizer and then enjoyed the sampler for dinner. I can't wait to go back and try the chocolate fondue! For anyone in Atlanta, you should definitely try Dante's out for dinner!!
  Patrick is coaching a little boys basketball team and though I missed the first several games, I have been to the last two games and the boys are pretty cute. I am just sad that I missed the only game they have won this season as I would have loved to have seen Patrick and Mike accosted by the entire team. Hopefully, they will win another game that I go to!
  After the game on Saturday morning, we ran to the grocery store to grab ingredients for chicken cordon bleu and then we I decided that we needed to spruce up our mailbox and clean out the garage. We ran to Lowe's to pick up supplies and then I painted the mailbox and it looks so much better!! Patrick cleaned out the garage and I wish I had taken a before/after picture because the results are amazing! I am still impressed with it!
  Random sidenote: What, Brenda and Sonny are getting married?? Oh, Emily, I miss our dorm days freshman year watching GH!!

And now for the recipe!


Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ingredients:
Chicken breasts (I used 6)
Swiss cheese
Sliced ham (I used Oscar Meyer square ham)
Bread crumbs
Butter, melted
Toothpicks

Instructions:
Flatten chicken breasts with meat tenderizer (or in my case, a small pot) in plastic bag or underneath wax paper to about 1/2 inch thick.
Place a piece of ham then a piece of swiss cheese inside chicken and then fold over the piece of chicken and dredge in melted butter. Then place chicken in bread crumbs and cover outside of the chicken.
Place toothpick in chicken and place on jellyroll pan.
Repeat with each chicken breast.
Preheat oven onto 350 degrees and then cook chicken for 30 to 35 minutes until chicken is cooked and cheese is melted.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment