Thursday, February 3, 2011

As of Late

  Sunday afternoon before the park, I dropped Patrick off at the airport to fly to a client in Nova Scotia. Yeah, have fun with that, babe! Wriggles and I were left all alone for two nights, but unfortunately for the both of us, I ended up having some weird flu-like virus for 24 hours. I woke up Monday morning at 4am in a cold sweat just burning up. I should have called out from work then, but delirious as I was, I called to see if they were pushing anyone back (no) and decided I could brave it out if I slept until 5:45. Nope, how wrong I was! When I woke up then, I finally took my temperature and it was a rockin' 99.7 (not terrible, but my temp is usually on the lower end of the spectrum so I felt like I was in a sauna). My lymph nodes were sore and swollen, but no white dots on the back of my throat so no strep. Ugh, my whole body was aching, so I called the hospital and called out--"unexcused" but I'm not going to go in caring for a full patient load like this.
  I had already woken Wrigs up and taken him outside by the time that I decided walking around was not on my agenda, so to his dismay, I closed him off in the kitchen and proceeded to crash until 11am. I made it as far as the couch for the rest of the day until I went to the doctor to make sure I didn't have the flu (no, thank goodness, but it sucks when they don't really have answers for you) and picked up some hot and sour soup from our local Chinese restaurant and laid back down on the couch.
  Thankfully, Tuesday I was feeling back to normal and didn't heed the doctor's advice to not go back to work until after Wednesday, but yesterday was easy and I'm glad I went in. As much as I enjoy not working for the most part, I was going to go crazy if I didn't go into work yesterday for some reason.
  The only bad thing was the timing of me being sick because I hadn't gone to the grocery store so I didn't have as much orange juice as I wanted and Patrick was in freakin' Canada until Tuesday afternoon, therefore, I was all on my own. Even when Patrick came back, he was worthless as he hadn't been able to sleep very much at all and I ordered him to go to bed at 5:45pm before Wrigs' puppy class. He said, "Call me on your way home and I'll put the pizza on," but all I got was his voicemail twice. Needless to say, I went back out in the rain to pick up some fast food for dinner while the hubs slept. He woke up at 9ish when I was going to bed and I can't even remember if he said anything that actually made sense, but probably not. Poor thing was exhausted. Neither he nor I function well without adequate hours of sleep.
  Wrigley passed his Intermediate class at Petsmart and I think we will enroll him in the Advanced class before we start him in agility. I have found a place here that started a beginner's class on February 1, but I am not sure how my schedule will be since I will be starting a new job in March!! Speaking of agility, you have to check out this article my breeder found. I absolutely think it's the most adorable thing ever!!!

  Sorry for the rambling post. I am trying to work up the motivation for a couple of soups we have tried over the last couple of weeks. I'll try to post them later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment