Sunday, February 27, 2011

Real Simple Recipe

  As I was cleaning up my house last week, I started looking through some of my Real Simple magazines. I love browsing through them and I have found several recipes in them that I love over the last couple of years. I tried one with hot Italian sausage the other night and I was really impressed! It's from the September 2010 issue on page 245.


Shrimp with Sausage and Tomatoes
Ingredients:
1 pound Italian sausage
2 onions
28 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
20 medium shrimp
1 cup frozen English peas
Salt and pepper, to taste
Rice, cooked according to package

Instructions:
Cook 1 pound Italian sausage (casings removed) and 2 sliced onions in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add 1 28-ounce can of diced fire roasted tomatoes, 20 peeled and deveined medium shrimp, and 1 cup frozen peas to sausage and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and simmer until the shrimp are opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve over rice, cooked according to package.

It was pretty easy and really yummy! It was very spicy the first night we ate it and the second day, it wasn't as hot but still very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment